Monday, May 13, 2013

Ugh, Mother's Day

Yesterday marked marked my second Mother's Day with living children.

Last year, on my first Mother's Day, I expected for it to be a joyful day.  A day that would be filled with happiness instead of pain, since I now had living children, right?  Instead, last year on Mother's Day I spent most of day either upset or indifferent.  I chalked it up to being elbow deep in NICU worries, and apprehension about the future.  I expected this year to be different.

Yesterday, on my first Mother's Day home actually caring for my children, I again spent most the day upset or indifferent.  

Lack of sleep?  nope.  
Fussy children?  nope.
Angry with my own mom?  nope.

The truth is that Mother's Day is still painful for me.  Even though my own infertility is "resolved," I didn't instantly forget the pain that was usually associated with the second Sunday in May.  I was mourning for friends of mine who are still childless.  I was mourning for C.  I was hurting for those of you that are still hurting.  

I hate this disease.  I hate the infertility takes something that is so incredibly attainable for many and makes it completely unattainable.  I hate the stress, the heartache, the loss, and the grief that comes with infertility.

Mother's Day shouldn't just celebrate the woman who through adoption, surrogacy or birth have children.  It should celebrate those who give of themselves to others.  Who are mothers to their students, their nieces or nephews, their spouses, their parents, their clients or their unborn children.  We should celebrate all giving and loving women, whether they have someone that calls them mom or not.

Next year I plan on celebrating all of the great women in my life. My mom, my grandma, my friends who are moms, my friends who mothered me out of a brown bottle flu, our babysitter, the women who are "aunts" to my children, and the women who are still waiting for their children.  We all deserved to be celebrated.

1 comment:

  1. 真愛旅舍手機app
    真愛旅舍黃播聊天室
    真愛旅舍午夜聊天室
    真愛旅舍直播聊天室
    真愛旅舍裸聊聊天室
    真愛旅舍裸播聊天室
    真愛旅舍大秀直播聊天室
    真愛旅舍福利聊天室
    真愛旅舍聊天室你懂的
    真愛旅舍午夜直播間
    網絡聊天工具哪個好悠米視頻聊天裸聊免費觀看後宮電影院SEX女郎情色論壇成人文學
    多人視頻聊天哪個好悠米視頻聊天下載85st影城58同城免費色情視頻成人色娛樂網站成人動漫
    聊天室哪個黃8517多人視頻聊天打飛機專用網sm性虐待視頻網站情色六月天論壇成人貼圖
    免費聊天室哪個好瓜瓜多人聊天視頻美女真人裸聊聊天室成人小說在線視頻成人網
    國外視頻聊天室哪個好奇秀多人視頻聊天一對一在線qq裸聊表演男女色情小說成人電影

    ReplyDelete

You're going to leave me a comment?! Well, you ROCK!!